Category Archives: Community

16 Sep

Sniff, Fluff & Clara 2016

FAM is eagerly awaiting news from Australia Post’s Our Neighbourhood Small Business Grants. If successful FAM will receive financial assistance to purchase equipment and marketing materials to promote and perform Sniff, Fluff & Clara to Victorian and Border Region pre schools, kindergartens and primary schools in 2016 and beyond.

We’ll keep you posted as soon as we hear more by end of September early October.

In the meantime Sniff, Fluff & Clara will keep rehearsing and bring this dynamic interactive show to festivals and school holiday entertainment venues.

FAM Events Sniff Fluff Clara PR Pics Med

16 Sep

On the Home Front – 5 Oct 2015

Winter is finally over and FAM rehearsals are under way for On the Home Front our ANZAC  inspired play. The play has evolved through the development stage following  last year’s preview performance with Q & A session at our local Bright RSL Sub Branch and now FAM will perform the play  at  Bright P-12 College Stadium, Monday 5 October, 12.30pm Community  members welcome – Gold Coin donation.

On the Home Front Fam Title

View scenes from the play http://vimeo.com/97214497

This original play by Pieta Swann BA (Educational Theatre), Grad Dip Ed  is about the experiences of three Australian women as their loved ones serve during WWI.

Using historical newspaper reports, songs, letters and poems the play reflects upon the start of the Great War in 1914 to the Gallipoli Campaign in 1915 when the ANZAC legend was formed.

The performance presents history in a dynamic way through the intermingling of historical facts, personal stories and engaging performers. It is designed to inform and inspire students’ (audiences’) imaginations.

While the subject matter of the play is aligned to the Australian National Curriculum outcomes for students in years 6 and 9 it is a wonderful opportunity to provide context to all students and community members for the ANZAC commemorations that will take place locally, nationally and internationally in 2015.

20 Mar

YOUNG DIGGERS DOG SQUAD

SIDESHOW ALLEY IS ON AGAIN!

A special fundraiser event.

Saturday 11 April 2015 – Avalon House Great Alpine Rd Harrietville

Frustrated Artistic Mothers FAM Events & Productions
Proudly supporting
YOUNG DIGGERS DOG SQUAD
Assistance Dogs for Combat Stress & Physical/Mental Illness.
Help raise funds to train dogs to support our serving & ex-serving Australian Defence Force members dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) http://www.youngdiggers.com.au/dogs
6 -7.45pm    Wood fired pizzas $16  Join in the games and fun pre show.
8.30pm         SIDESHOW ALLEY CABARET (M) $25
Tickets available NOW online www.trybooking.com/EPOV 
Tickets also available in person from Monday 23 March
at
Country Collectables Ireland St Bright
Mount Beauty Newsagent 16 Hollands St.

Fundraiser Event Dogs for Young Diggers 11 April 2015

26 Nov

Bright RSL Host Preview

Special thanks to Bright RSL Sub Branch Inc. for their support in hosting our preview of ON THE HOME FRONT.

This Centenary of ANZAC play is in development and the Q & A session after the performance provided generous praise,  feedback and contributions for the evolution of the play.

FAM hopes to tour this play in 2015 with the support of ANZAC Centenary Arts & Culture funding. We’ll know more on the success of our grant submission early next year. In the meantime we welcome support from all sections of the business and community sectors.

26 Nov

Thanks to our Audiences

October November has seen FAM busy with shows, performances and guest appearances.

Thanks to Bright Spring Festival for the opportunity to present An Evening with FAM during their program of events. Sniff & Fluff enjoyed entertaining the kids at the Grand Fireworks night and performing with Clara at the Bright Rotary Market.

After Dinner Entertainment at the Ovens Valley Motor Inn for Canberra Probus and another great night of fun of Sideshow Alley at Avalon House Harrietville.

WP_20141103_03120141103205806

Sniff & Fluff with fans!

20 Oct

FAM Presents to Mount Beauty Probus Club

Its been so busy I forgot to thank the Mount Beauty Probus group for inviting me to speak a few weeks back.

They were warm and welcoming. I introduced my self as a “frustrated Thespian” hilarious thing was my mic technique wasn’t up to scratch, it cut out a little and a gentleman didn’t hear me correctly and thought I said I was a “frustrated lesbian!” Classic!

He has given me permission to use that story as my opener next time I present.

I noted a couple of frustrated Thespians among the the group I might add.

Thank you to Eleni Wood for the opportunity.

19 Oct

SNIFF FLUFF & CLARA – Bright Rotary Sponsorship

FAM are very excited to announce that the premier of SNIFF, FLUFF & CLARA our children’s play has received sponsorship form Bright Rotary Club.

Performing at the Bright Rotary Club Market on the Melbourne Cup Holiday weekend

Mon 3 November

11am 

Bright Uniting Church Hall (off Burke St)

Tickets now only $10 (normally $15) Kids 0 – 2yrs FREE!

Tickets Country Collectables Ireland St Bright or at the door – but don’t miss out get your tickets NOW!

COPYRIGHT © 2015 FAM EVENTS & PRODUCTIONS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.